Wednesday 25 June 2014

No Niche

So I'm trying to think how I came to creating this blog. 

Homework. Yup. One would think I have concentration issues which must be the issue since procrastination led to Polyvore (putting together my 'dream wardrobe'....you must be thinking ''yeah...crazy'' right?). Then the mind must have decided magazine making must be oh-so-fabulous- I just realised I'll look back at this in a few years time and go cringey and facepalmy. Anways, the mind somehow went from 'How to make your own magazine' to YouTube. Feeling envious of the whole 'work from home' life, a light bulb went off above my head and it screamed:

TUMBLR. 

Lightbulbs don't scream, I know.

Unfortunately, tumblr failed to work. Since being gifted with impatience, blogger seemed the next best thing. In fact, I now think it has a bigger writing space (heaven knows why I need a lot of writing space) and Tumblr is more for picture liking people and not read-boring-stuff-no-one-will-probably-read-about people. 

One things for sure I will try not to re-read my old posts regardless of evil temptation. Why? I'll delete them. Being a perfectionist - me thinks - it comes naturally to erase the unperfect parts of your life.... But then again, thinking about my unmade bed upstairs and the state of my wardrobe doesn't exactly sound like a perfectionist. 

Just one little problem. People are usually expected to have a niche. Sort of like a signature. And I really don't like niches. Not only am I not good at sticking to a topic for long without going off on a tangent, I also think it is incredibly lame to limit your life to just one thing. For instance, I like fashion A LOT, but I also loove eating sweetsy stuff, cute Japanese kawaii stuff, reading books, the fantasy genre in general, palying TheSims and a bunch more. 

Niches are silly and pointless. Why? This blog is somewhere for me to unload all my procrastination. If I decide to write about fashion to day, and then cupcakes the next day, it would be rather stupid to start a new blog just so that my 'fashion niche' can remain strongly solid. I mean, I don't fancy the idea of having a million different blogs each for a different topic. 

Choosing which topic to talk about is like choosing which child to take on holiday with you to Disneyland. Harsh and unhealthy on the mind. 

So the point of my rant is: expect this blog to be about anything and everything that is randomly random. 

No comments:

Post a Comment